Thursday, May 23, 2013

Stormy Afternoon

The rain was very heavy this afternoon. Just in time for my drive home, yay! I thought at one point I was going to get washed away as I hit a wall of water that was splashed up by a box truck. It was incredible, it completely washed over my car. I just prayed I was still on the road when I came out from under. Thank God, I was. So, right after that I decided to wait it out 'til things calmed down. There were some lighting flashes and their reports, but, the rain was so hard it drowned out the thunder.
Wow.
It's peaceful now.
Oh wait, more thunder...and rain. 
I truly am grateful for the rain as things were very dry up until about a week ago.
 
The following are pictures I took just before dusk last night. I am glad that I did, because they are not so pretty after the storm.
 So, for you to enjoy, some Poppies.


 

5 comments:

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Rain and rain, and they say more rain all weekend.
What flowers we had are now gone. Those papery poppies and delicate tree peonies had no chance against this heavy downpours. However don't fret, in their place several large weeds will appear over night!

Kate said...

So true, and I still have not gotten through the gardens. I just know there will be some good cases of poison ivy/oak.

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

My gardens at home are always last to get done. I got poison ivy a few days ago:( already.
Hope your dad is doing well. Mine has had a setback and is at Sharon Hospital, then to rehab. Gets more complicated all the time.

Kate said...

I am sorry to hear that your Dad is in the hospital. Mine has been having some breathibg issues, but, I just called and he seems to have energy today. Lets hope it will be a good day - heading up there now.

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Lots of pollen flying around, then it gets chilly and the doors and windows get shut.. I hope that's it and your dads better
Now. Mine seems much better but is grumbling about rehab and waiting until Tuesday to go there because of the holiday. It's always something.